addPost

Myo reps supposedly get the same gains with 30% less work, how has it worked for you?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/42112925/

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.govpubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Comments

What are myo reps

MakeNoLaw's avatar@MakeNoLawlocal_police
Moderator of Natural Bodybuilding
1h1 hour ago

It's a form of rest pause sets where you do the first set to just short of failure, so leave 1 or 2 reps in the tank. And then continually take 5-10 second breaks doing as many reps as you can until you don't reach 3 reps in one mini set. And usually that means you're done with that exercise and move on to the next, but if you want to do another set of myo reps, you should take a longer break of 3 to 5 minutes.

The 30% was volume load, not necessarily 30% fewer sets. Still useful if you wanna have shorter workouts though.

Duh? Who said it was 30% fewer sets?

MakeNoLaw's avatar@MakeNoLawlocal_police
Moderator of Natural Bodybuilding
9h9 hours ago

I do rest pause sets which is close, but with only one additional set instead of going til you get less than 3. But I don't do 30% less, my workouts are about 2.5 hours each. And it's worked wonders.

Overkill. Wayy too much, you're gonna hurt yourself.

MakeNoLaw's avatar@MakeNoLawlocal_police
Moderator of Natural Bodybuilding
7h7 hours ago

I've been doing it for 5 years with no significant problems. Just an injury here and there which was the same before I started lifting this much.

Most guys will see 30% less and just do less. Only works if you absolutely kill yourself on the mini sets

Works well when I've done it in the past. But I usually only do it on days I don't have as much time