I started filming my lifts some and apparently my 1 RIR was like 3 or 4 reps left half the time. Wanted the set to actually look hard on camera and turns out I could go way more than I thought.
Anyone else wildly bad at judging RIR?
I started filming my lifts some and apparently my 1 RIR was like 3 or 4 reps left half the time. Wanted the set to actually look hard on camera and turns out I could go way more than I thought.
Anyone else wildly bad at judging RIR?
Natural BodybuildingGood exercise I guess, but the setup sucks and I can barely breathe after. Swapped them for reverse lunges and my quads are growing fine. Starting to think Bulgarians are mostly popular because misery makes people feel productive47
Natural BodybuildingI'm hitting glutes 3x a week and ending up around 20 hard sets total. Mostly hip thrusts, RDLs, split squats and abductions. Strength was moving up for a while but now Im just permanently sore and my last few sets feel kinda pointless. Sleep and protein are fine. Would you cut sets first or just drop the third day entirely? Curious where everyone elses sweet spot is for actually growing55
Natural BodybuildingI'm starting to get thicc and need advice. I’ve made a lot of strength gains but my stomach is growing as well. Do you guys switch to a cut based on an eye test or something else? Curious what the process is for people who've done several bulk and cut cycles.44
Creatine apparently works even if you don't
Natural Bodybuilding85
Natural BodybuildingMaybe I just suck at them, but pullups always turn into forearm and bicep workouts. I know this is gonna trigger some. Anybody else ditch them and grow better?32
Natural BodybuildingGuys swap exercises every two weeks because some influencer found a new "science based" cable angle. Pick movements that feel good, log them, and beat the numbers for six months. Your muscles aren't bored. You're bored.12
Natural BodybuildingAnything around 30 degrees turns into a front delt exercise for me. Tried 15 degrees and finally felt my upper chest, but it looks basically flat lol. Anybody actually build decent upper pecs using a super low incline?14
Natural BodybuildingSome dudes spend 30 minutes warming up with bands, mobility drills and six warmup sets before getting to a working weight. You fags need to just get right to it.33
Yeah, most people don't work out hard enough
Share
an occasional set to actual failure is a brutal RIR calibration check. machines are perfect for it since you can find out how wrong you were without getting folded under a squat
Share