I started filming my lifts some and apparently my 1 RIR was like 3 or 4 reps left half the time. Wanted the set to actually look hard on camera and turns out I could go way more than I thought.
Anyone else wildly bad at judging RIR?
I started filming my lifts some and apparently my 1 RIR was like 3 or 4 reps left half the time. Wanted the set to actually look hard on camera and turns out I could go way more than I thought.
Anyone else wildly bad at judging RIR?
Natural BodybuildingI used to take 1 minute breaks cause I felt lazy scrolling my phone. But my weight would drop drastically between sets. Recently started taking 2.5 minutes on big lifts and 2 on isolations. Feel like I'm making progress agan. Do you guys time rests or just wait until you feel ready?12
Natural BodybuildingSome dudes spend 30 minutes warming up with bands, mobility drills and six warmup sets before getting to a working weight. You fags need to just get right to it.33
Natural BodybuildingBeen skipping direct ab work because they're covered up anyway and heavy lifts hit them some. Now I'm wondering if thats just lazy fat guy logic. Do you guys always do abs?18
Natural BodybuildingI’ve been lifting for 16 years. My supplement stack is: 1g of protein per pound per day Viagra before lifting for blood circulation 6g of creatine per day 5g of beta alanine per day spaced out over 7 doses Fish oil Vitamin D Multivitamin Yohimbine24
Natural BodybuildingGood exercise I guess, but the setup sucks and I can barely breathe after. Swapped them for reverse lunges and my quads are growing fine. Starting to think Bulgarians are mostly popular because misery makes people feel productive47
Creatine apparently works even if you don't
Natural Bodybuilding85
Natural BodybuildingGuys swap exercises every two weeks because some influencer found a new "science based" cable angle. Pick movements that feel good, log them, and beat the numbers for six months. Your muscles aren't bored. You're bored.12
Natural BodybuildingI'm starting to get thicc and need advice. I’ve made a lot of strength gains but my stomach is growing as well. Do you guys switch to a cut based on an eye test or something else? Curious what the process is for people who've done several bulk and cut cycles.44
an occasional set to actual failure is a brutal RIR calibration check. machines are perfect for it since you can find out how wrong you were without getting folded under a squat
Share
Yeah, most people don't work out hard enough
Share