addPost

How much workplace surveillance is too much?

Cameras, keystrokes, location tracking, screenshots, etc. Where would you draw the line?

Comments

Cameras for security are fine. Tracking keystrokes, random screenshots, or location outside work hours is creepy as hell

Why are you so concerned about tracking keystrokes. Stop watching porn at work.

Lol I'm not. If you need that much surveillance, you either hired the wrong people or your management is awful

In healthcare, badge tracking can help during an emergency to know where people are. Using it to question why someone spent eight minutes in the bathroom is another matter đŸ˜‚

Once AI is more ubiquitous it'll give your boss reports of exactly what you were doing in there. "@Nightshift had massive diarrhea for the last 20 minutes, then jerked off for 20 minutes"

Hey! Calm down AI. I did not have diarhea, it was just 40 minutes of jerking off

I think most jobs already do this. They'd be stupid not to. They're paying you to work so it's in their best interest to make sure you get shit done.